Monday, November 7, 2011

Spinach Protein Shake

Breakfast..... The most important meal of the day.... Blah Blah Blah!!! But it's TRUE!!!! Huh.... Okay so I LOVE to sleep and if I get to skip breakfast for sleep... I WILL!!!!
Now that you know how lazy I truly am.... or sleep deprived you decide ;)
Here is one way of eating my breakfast that I can handle...... drinking it !

I got this recipe from a friend and I have loved it and had it most morning ever since, even my husband drinks it... his doesn't have the spinach though!!!!

So first of the ingredients:


1 Cup of Almond Milk (it's lower in calorie and creamier then milk)
1 scoop of Whey Protein ( I prefer the AES brand FYI)
1/4 cup of greek yogurt (plain fat free)
1/2 a medium banana
1 hand full of spinach
1 hand full of strawberries
(Luke's version omit the spinach and add 2 Tbsp Peanut Butter and 2 Tbsp Nesquick Chocolate flavoring)
Combine all in a Good blender.... seriously you need a decent blender for this!



I use the Liquefy setting on my blender.






And Voilà!!
I know it's green but trust me you can't taste the Spinach!!! It keeps me full for up to 5 hours and I love that I can have vegetables for breakfast without tasting it :)
Bonne Appétit

Nancy





No comments: