Monday, November 7, 2011

Boys room cupboard

When we first got married we got an old cupboard that my father in-law built. He built it as a temporary thing... They needed storage space so he just whipped that out... well... 20 years later we were using it this time for my boys room... except the color didn't match what I wanted for their room....
I figured that after 20 years a good paint job wouldn't hurt it anyway!!
Here is the cupboard


 The inside was never painted so I used the left over paint we had for the finish trim in the house

Then Shopping trip to Hobby Lobby for knobs


I was super happy to find these, on clearance!!!


Final product :)
The blue paint is the same as the wall (above bead board) 
Each boy has their red Pottery Barn chair and Piggy bank. Picture of the 2 in the middle. 
The canvas above I painted a while back, they match their bed quilt.

Now that I look at it I kind of wish the top of the desk was red or I could get new red banks....
Oh well.... what's done is done and My father in law approves ;P

Anyways.... I'm just getting started and hopefully I accomplish everything
I want too before they grow out of their room!

Nancy





No comments: