Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Sorta-Salsa!

Since the goal of this website is to create at home what you would normally go out to dinner to get, I thought I'd start with a favorite that I typically go out to get. Since Nancy started with a dessert that she gets at Chili's, I thought I would do this appetizer that I usually get at Chili's. You need plenty of time for chopping the fresh vegetables, but it's TOTALLY worth it. This stuff is delicious. Once you start eating you won't be able to stop.



14-18 Roma or Calamati tomatoes chopped



a small (8-10)bundel of greeen onions chopped



1/4 cup chopped cilantro




combine chopped vegetables in a large bowl



Add a can of corn (drained)

and a can of black beans (drained and rinsed)



Prepare Good Seasons Italian Salad Dressing Mix as directed.



Pour over the top of the salsa mix

Mix well and chill before serving


1 comment:

Nancy said...

OMGosh Julie I just barely saw this!!!
That looks SO yummy!!!!!!!
I'll try it :)