Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Molten Chocolate Cake



This Cake is the reason I go to Chili's, it is my sister-in-laws favorite and since It was her Birthday I decided to give it a shot! My Neighbor had the recipe and the porcelain bowls (which I will be buying soon!!) Thanks Di!!

Ingredients:

4 squares Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate
1 stick of butter (1/2 cup)
1 cup powdered sugar
2 eggs (I used Large)
2 egg yolks(large also
6 Tbsp. flour

Directions:

Preheat oven to 425°F. Butter four 3/4-cup soufflĂ© dishes. Place on baking sheet.

Microwave chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 min. or until butter is melted. Stir with wire whisk until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in sugar. Blend in eggs and egg yolks with wire whisk. Stir in flour. Divide in 4 portions.

Bake 13 to 14 min. (I baked mine 15 minutes and they probably could have bake a total of 17min) Sides should be firm but centers soft. Let stand 1 min. Carefully run small knife around cakes to loosen. Invert cakes onto dessert plates. Serve immediately.



My little Helper, it was a VERY easy recipe and somewhat kid friendly!


I doubled the recipe and this is what it looked like right out of the oven.


Final product!! The original recipe calls for 1/2 cup thawed Cool whipped topping, but I used a scoop of Vanilla Ice cream instead. Add any toppings you'd like to that!....



1/2 of one is not enough but a whole one is to much, I couldn't finish mine, it is very rich!

Husband's review: He ate 2 and 1/2 that night............................................... .......thumbs up
Kids review: They had brownies and Ice cream and were happy with it (since I only had 8 dish)

Calorie count:...... 290 calories (NOT including Ice cream) Not bad for this yummy dessert!

Bon Appetit!

2 comments:

The Muddy Moose Bath Boutique said...

Looks Yummy...I might have to just give this one a try! I am following your new (?)....well, new to me at least! blog. Can't wait to see what else you cook up!

Deb
www.themuddymoose.etsy.com
www.themuddymoose.blogspot.com

Truthislight said...

Ooh. Hope it's as simple as you make it sound! This blog is ADORABLE! Thanks Nance!
DK