Thursday, March 19, 2009

Mashed Potatoes

I know Mashed Potatoes is an easy recipe!! BUT I just have to add it for the "shepperd's pie" recipe!!

Ingredients:
10 large potatoes
4 Tbsp salted butter ( 1/2 Stick)
1 cup of Milk (I used 1%)
Garlic Salt to taste




Directions


Cut Potatoes into small cubes, put in pot, cover with water and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until fork goes through potatoes easily.

Drain water, pour potatoes in large mixing bowl.

Add Butter, Milk and Garlic Salt

Mash with Mixer


This is the Final Result

Husband's review: My hubby is a Meat and Potatoes kind of guy so... 5 stars
Kids review: My soon to be 3 year old Licked the mixing bowl clean after I was done...

Calorie count: for the entire recipe is 1600 calories. It makes 12 Portions so 133 calories per serving
( I need to measure the size of the portion... If anybody gets to it before I do... Leave a comment!)

Bon Appetit!

No comments: