Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Mango Salsa

Well it's been over a year since any of us has updated this blog!!!
Ok I'm not promising anything here but I will make an effort to at least take pictures when I cook!!!
I now get most of my fruit and vegetables from Bountifulbaskets.org
It is SO great to have fresh healthy food for Cheap!!!
The thing is that I never know what I'm going to get!!!
This last week I had 7 mangoes so I found a video of a chef making this salsa... I had no idea how much of what he put in so I winged it...
I think it is like the Costa Vida Mango Salsa.... but I've never actually tried it there so Who knows... Make it and you'll find out!!!



SO here we go
Ingredients:
4 Mangoes
1/4 C of Fresh Cilantro
1 Tbsp of Lime juice (or 1 fresh squeezed lime)
2 minced clove of garlic
Fresh green Jalapeno to taste... (I used a 4oz can)
1/4 C finely chopped red onion
1/4 C honey

Cut the peeled mango in small pieces, add everything else together.
Serve over salad :)

No comments: